2016 Picnic – June 11!
Save the date! Our annual KPCA PICNIC and meeting will be JUNE 11. Details below.
KPCA Picnic/Potluck and Annual Meeting
June 11, 2016
12pm noon (short business meeting at 2pm)
At Don and Ida’s farm in Frankfort (email email@example.com for directions)
What to Bring
• A dish to share
• Place settings for your family
• Drinks (we will have a water cooler)
• $ for donations, t-shirts (and possibly other swag), and Marksbury Farms fresh grilled sandwiches
Other optional suggestions
• Bug spray, sunscreen, hats, etc.
• Games (bocci ball, Frisbee, corn hole, etc.)
• There is a creek to play in so bring supplies accordingly, depending on your intentions around that. HA!
• Musical instruments!!! We invite you to share any musical talents you may have with the group.
• Pop up shade tents
• We will have KPCA t-shirts for sale. We have a fresh supply of Small and Mediums as well as the larger sizes. T-shirts are $15 ($20 for XXL)
• As always, we will be collecting donations to help offset the cost of the port-a-potty as well as replenish our bank account. We ask that you consider a donation of $15 per person as a “membership fee” as well as an extra “potty” donation. ☺ All our funds go to help support worthwhile service projects at home and abroad!
This year (2015), our picnic was at RPCV Don Stosberg’s farm in Frankfort. We had 55 people in attendance and it was a blast! Representing were volunteers from 21 countries: Costa Rica, Gabon, Ghana, Botswana, Dominica, Guinea, Ethiopia/Eritrea, Zaire, Senegal, Paraguay, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Rwanda, Tanzania, Micronesia, Cameroon, Liberia, Jordan, Nicaragua, and Bulgaria. Local musicians Jeri Howell and Nat Colten provided entertainment and John Mark Hack of Marksbury Farms provided us with delicious local grilled meats. There were also loads of homemade food, swimming and games. We really hope you were able to come out and enjoy the day!
See below for pictures of this year’s (2015) picnic.